In Honor of the Popular Brooklyn Half: What Do Running & Banking Have in Common?
Exciting news: We’ve partnered with the New York Road Runners1 (NYRR), the world’s premier community running organization. As part of this partnership, we’re now the title sponsor and Exclusive Bank of the Brooklyn Half, now known as the Popular Brooklyn Half.
This partnership brings together two organizations with a shared goal of empowering New Yorkers to live healthier, happier lives through improved health and well-being.
In honor of the Popular Brooklyn Half, the largest half marathon in the country, we want to share some great things about running – that also relate to banking!
- You have to start somewhere.
- Every runner has a beginning, just like everyone with a bank account or any form of investments started with one decision.
- You get what you put in.
- With running, the more you practice, the better you become. With banking, the more you’re able to invest, the more your money can grow. Every contribution counts.
- You can do it anywhere, 24/7.
- As long as you have a pair of sneakers, you can run – or 1 – anytime, anywhere. In banking, thanks to technological advancements, you can manage your money wherever you are, from the palm of your hands, using apps like our mobile app. If you’re a Popular customer, you can download our app to make the most of your banking experience.2
- It feels good.
- Ever heard of “runner’s high”? Well, running is proven to produce endorphins in the brain that make us feel happy. They also reduce anxiety. Similarly, financial planning and control is proven to help us feel happier3.
- Coaches can help.
It may be surprising to think that running and banking could have so much in common. Whether or not you’re a runner, it’s always a good day to make the most of your money…for today and tomorrow.