News: Popular Community Bank Accepts the IDNYC Card
Thanks to Mayor Bill de Blasio the largest municipal identification card program has launched in the city of New York. Popular Community Bank is proud to be one of four banks currently accepting the IDNYC card. The IDNYC card serves the residents of New York by functioning as an acceptable and secure form of identification when dealing with law enforcement and when opening bank accounts with financial institutions like Popular Community Bank. The following are frequently asked questions regarding the IDNYC card:
- Who is eligible for the IDNYC card? New York City residents age 14 and up, regardless of immigrant status.
- Where can I apply for an IDNYC card? There are 12 enrollment centers across the five boroughs. Simply locate the enrollment center closest to you to complete an application.
- What are the benefits of the IDNYC card? Cardholders can sign up for FREE one-year memberships at 33 of the city’s top museums, music venues and zoos. The IDNYC card also offers a number of discounts on entertainment, prescription drugs , health centers and local grocery stores. Want more? Discover more benefits by borough.
- Which banks accept the IDNYC card? Popular Community Bank, Amalgamated Bank, Carver Federal Savings Bank, and Spring Bank accept the IDNYC card.
- How much does the IDNYC card cost? The IDNYC card is FREE to New York residents who apply during the first-year of the program through Dec.31, 2015.
Do you have more questions? Find answers to frequently asked questions on the IDNYC website and be sure to stop by your local Popular Community Bank to open a bank account soon. We look forward to assisting you!
Image by: Shutterstock