Popular Foundation Awards $191,000 in Grants to Nonprofit Organizations
Grants Will Benefit Communities Throughout New York, New Jersey, South Florida and Chicago
New York, NY – December 18, 2019 – Popular Foundation, which is sponsored by employees of Popular Bank, awarded a total of $191,120 to 25 nonprofit organizations serving communities throughout New York, New Jersey, South Florida and Chicago. The grants ranged between $5,000-$15,000.
Since 2004, the Popular Foundation has awarded over $2.7 million dollars to grass-roots organizations. The organizations are located throughout the regions the bank serves in the U.S., and focus on the areas of education and youth, health and supported living, and community development.
“We’re very proud of our long-standing tradition of supporting nonprofit organizations and the tremendous work they do within our communities,” said Chief Operating Officer Manuel Chinea. “This year, the funds granted through our Foundation will benefit more than 20,000 people through education, economic development and financial literacy outreach and programming. I’d like to congratulate each of our grant recipients and look forward to working with them in the future.”
Popular Foundation was established with the mission to strengthen the communities Popular Bank serves. The Foundation is inspired and committed to promoting the community involvement of its employees and requires that all participating organizations have an active employee liaison. Grant-making decisions are also based on the recommendations of the Region Evaluation Committees that are comprised of Popular employees.
Congratulations to our 2019 Popular Bank Foundation Grant Winners!
- Aspire– Chicago, Illinois
- BronxWorks – Bronx, NY
- Chapman Partnership, Inc. – Miami, FL
- Communities in Schools of Miami, Inc. – Miami, FL
- Dominicanos USA, Inc. – Bronx, NY
- Eugenio Maria De Hostos Community College Foundation – Bronx, NY
- Fresh Youth Initiatives, Inc. – New York, NY
- Harlem Educational Activities Fund – New York, NY
- Hearts of Gold, Inc. – New York, NY
- Junior Achievement of Greater Miami, Inc. – Miami, FL
- Junior Achievement of New York, Inc. – New York, NY
- Legal information for Families Today – Brooklyn, NY
- National Council of Jewish Women Inc., Essex Section County Section – Livingston, NJ
- Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship – Miami, FL
- Northern Manhattan Improvement Corporation – New York, NY
- Search and Care, Inc. – New York, NY
- Union Settlement – New York, NY
- United Way of Miami-Dade – Miami, FL
- Urban Workforce Advantage Inc. – Elizabeth-Union City, NJ
- Violence Intervention Program, Inc. – New York, NY
- Women’s Housing and Economic Development Corp. (WHEDco) – Bronx, NY
About Popular Bank
Popular Bank is the mainland subsidiary of Popular, Inc. (Nasdaq: BPOP), which ranks among the top 50 U.S. banks by assets. Popular, Inc. brings more than 125 years of success in banking, driven by integrity and values. Popular Bank leverages its financial expertise to enable customers to focus on what matters most. Leveraging its institutional depth, Popular Bank works side-by-side with business and retail customers delivering competitive business and retail offerings including Retail and Private Banking, Commercial Lending, Mortgage Services, Association Lending, Healthcare financing, and Middle Market banking. Popular Bank has branches in New York, New Jersey, and Florida, and provides 24/7 digital banking solutions and access to 55,000 ATMs through the Allpoint® network.1
1. Surcharge-free access to Allpoint ATMs only applies to ATM access or withdrawals completed with a Popular Mastercard Debit Card. Popular Bank and its affiliates are not affiliated with ATM National, LLC. Allpoint is a registered trademark of ATM National, LLC.